[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel Sat. 9-22

  • From: "Tom Polakis" <polakis@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Reply-To:az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 13:02:55 -0400

Russ,

There has always been a significant glow in the northeast from
Phoenix.  Despite many gloomy reports to the contrary, I don't think
its extent in altitude has changed much in five years.  What is
noticeably different is its extent in azimuth.  As people continue to
move into Goodyear, Avondale, and beyond, we will continue to see the
light dome broaden to the west.

As long as you don't look there (or into the Yuma dome),
three-quarters of the sky is still "true dark" from Sentinel.

Tom