[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel, I know that it is clear overhead, but look at a weather map

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 13:38:20 -0700

I am taking the exact same position as Ken and will not be going
tonight.  Hopefully Steve will stay home and we can all gather there.

The current weather forcast for Gila Bend et al follows -

AZZ027-132245-
 SOUTHWEST MARICOPA COUNTY-
 INCLUDING GILA BEND
 345 AM MST SAT NOV 13 2004

 .TODAY...PARTLY SUNNY. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE
 AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE MID 60S TO LOWER 70S. NORTHWEST WIND 5 TO 15
 MPH IN THE MORNING...BECOMING LIGHT IN THE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF RAIN
 20 PERCENT.
 .TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE
 EVENING...THEN SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE
 UPPER 30S TO UPPER 40S. LIGHT WIND. CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.

Note there are chances for showers all day and night long.
You might also check out these sites for satellite images
http://newweb.wrh.noaa.gov/satellite/index.php?wfo=fgz
I personally like the 2k amination selection.

Hope this helps,
aj