[AZ-Observing] Sentinel Fun

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 02:32:11 -0700

Howdy all;
Just a quick note.  Lynn Blackburn and I stayed for the Sunday night at
Sentinel, we had some light cloud cover.  We did have a ball doing some wide
field observing in his 16 inch and then started doing red stars in the Nexstar
11.

The one that really stands out in my memory is S Cephei, it was somewhat faint,
but vivid color.  A deep orange that really set it off from all the other stars
in the field.  Absolutely fascinating at 125X.

The transparency was never as good as Saturday night.  But, we had fun and made
the best of it.  After a couple of hours, we tore down and made our way back to
the city in the cool of the evening.

Thanks to all who showed up for a great weekend.  We are planning to do it
again for Feb. 20-21.  Hope to have another great time.

Steve Coe

Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
Saguaro Astronomy Club website
www.saguaroastro.org