[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel Friday Night and Sat. Night

  • From: Lynn Blackburn <lynnrb11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 13:19:50 -0800 (PST)

Two nice night of observing at Sentinel/Schwaar. Fri Night we had 4 vehicles
and 7 observer. Plenty of clearsky most of the night, but woke up the rain Sat
morning. The storm mostly bypass the  us though.
Returned from a hike Sat. P.M. to find 12+ vehicles and scopes galore filling
the field. Clear skies all night long! Around 4 A.M. we sat down and watched a
nice display of early Leonids.
 A bonus surprise was having the Border Patrol trucks turn off thier headlight
as they passed us after they could see that they were disturbing our star
party. Lynn