[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel 5/4 or 5/5

  • From: "Neville Cole" <nevillecole@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:18:13 -0700

>Neville Cole wrote: > For my drive to Vekol, sometimes I go east, sometimes
>west - it's equidistant in either
> > direction...
>

>Hmm, if I'm hearing that right, you live near Rte. 85.  Otherwise, how
>could any way beside
>Maricopa Road be faster?  If that's the case, when you reach I-8, there is
>certainly no reason
>to spend your next half hour driving parallel to Phoenix to Vekol rather
>than away from it to
>Sentinel.

You're close Tom - I'm in Litchfield Park.  I've only recently attended a
couple SAC meetings
(I'm also an EVAC member) and once I found out about Sentinel, I came to the
same conclusion
you just did.  Assuming I like Sentinel, it will probably become my
preferred location for
that length of drive.  My observing friend, Bill, from Chandler might
dislike the longer drive
to Sentinel though!

Oh well, I'll get there some day.  Up on the rim though...  that'll be
another place for me to
try for at some point.

I guess you're right about the new lights in Maricopa, it was more the
grocery store lights that
surprised me than the lights in the new housing developments.  Other than
them not being there
at all (good luck!),they couldn't be much better.

Neville