[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel 5/4 or 5/5

  • From: "Neville Cole" <nevillecole@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:15:02 -0700

Thanks for the great info Tom, perhaps I'll be able to make use of it one of
these months.

For my drive to Vekol, sometimes I go east, sometimes west - it's
equidistant in either direction.  Last time I was there, I arrived from the
west.  During the night, I distinctly recall thinking the Phoenix light dome
was brighter and higher.  Like you said, maybe I'm just better at discerning
the gradient, or it could also have been the sky conditions (a few high
clouds were around).  Maybe a bit of both.  Anyways, I headed home via the
east direction, and I was surprised to see all that development going on
around Maricopa.  New tract housing, and a new shopping center - all of it
brightly lit of course.  It's not that far away from Vekol and I wondered if
that could be making the difference.

I think you're absolutely right about the skies this weekend - we're in for
yet another weekend of cleaning eyepiecs and waxing our scope tubes.  Maybe
I'll finish putting the Christmas decorations away.  Of course it will be
beautiful next month (Sat the 5th) now that I can't go that weekend!

- Neville