[AZ-Observing] Re: Seeing Scale Simulation

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 14:16:31 -0700

So it is 'THE' Pickering! Based on the context of comments, I got the
impression it might be a different Pickering.

Yes, clear skies don't necessarily mean quality, and my suggestion of a
'super good' category was made only with tongue in cheek. However,
although Arizona may not be noted for its good seeing, there have been
times, I remember once north of Payson and a few times at my
observatory, where the seeing was very good, and where very faint rings
probably would have been able to have been seen. I am certain the third
ring would not have been brighter than the second, though.

I cannot see the fourth ring. I guess this means the 'seeing' in the
room of your monitor is better than mine as determined by the Pickering
scale! True?

Stan