[AZ-Observing] Re: Scope Color

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:00:57 -0700

I've snipped most of the message but left part to which I'm responding.

As you may remember I had an 8" f6 Newtonian that was named "Janet" and came
after the children's song "There isn't a planet Janet hasn't seen".  I heard it
just after having seen Pluto and realized I had seen all the planets.

My 14" Dob is called Seymour deStars.  It is named after a cousin who was the
1984 World's Fair mascot, named Seymour deFair.  The fair was in New Orleans -
wouldn't you just know.

I don't, as yet, have a name for the new one, an 8" SCT.  Nothing has jumped
out at me - yet.

Looking forward to hearing David Leavy.
aj