[AZ-Observing] Re: Schurs astro site

  • From: Chris Schur <comets133@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:06:10 -0800 (PST)

My web provider says my web site as well as thousands of others was hacked this
week, and Ill be removing the hack I hope this weekend.  Geez.  Its never easy!

Chris
From: pargenz@xxxxxxx> To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject:
[AZ-Observing] Schurs astro site> > When I tried visiting Chris' site
this evening to have another look at > that great Crab image, I get the
following warning in my browser > (Firefox 3.0.5).> Anyone else seen
this?> > Peter> > =============================> Reported Attack
Site!> This web site at www.schursastrophotography.com has been reported as
an > attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.>
Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use >
your computer to attack others, or damage your system.> Some attack sites
intentionally distribute harmful software, but many > are compromised without
the knowledge or
  permission of their owners.> > > Safe Browsing> > >
/Diagnostic page for/ www.schursastrophotography.com> > *What is the
current listing status for www.schursastrophotography.com?*> > Site is
listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your> computer.>
> Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over> the
past 90 days.> > *What happened when Google visited this site?*> >
Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2> page(s)
resulted in malicious software being downloaded and> installed without user
consent. The last time Google visited this> site was on 2009-01-21, and the
last time suspicious content was> found on this site was on 2009-01-21.>
> Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including>
fastantivirusproscanner.com/>
<http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&siteústantivirusproscanner.com/>.>
> 2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for> distributing

 malware to visitors of this site, including 89.28.13.0/>
<http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site?.28.13.0/>,>
latenightclick.cn/>
<http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=latenightclick.cn/>.>
> This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS32392>
(OPENTRANSFER)>
<http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=AS:32392>.>
> *Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further >
distribution of malware?*> > Over the past 90 days,
www.schursastrophotography.com did not appear> to function as an intermediary
for the infection of any sites.> > *Has this site hosted malware?*>
> No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.>
> *How did this happen?*> > In some cases, third parties can add
malicious code to legitimate> sites, which would cause us to show the warning
message.> > > > > --> See messag
 e header for info on list archives or unsubscribing, and please > send
personal replies to the author, not the list.>