[AZ-Observing] Re: Schurs astro site

  • From: Steven Dodder <sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Az Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:47:55 +0000

I'm using Firefox, and I haven't seen the warning at all.  fyiSteve
DodderDirector, Stone Haven ObservatoryPresident, Saguaro Astronomy
Clubsdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx Visit my web site at
http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman> Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:35:46 -0700>
From: pargenz@xxxxxxx> To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [AZ-Observing]
Schurs astro site> > When I tried visiting Chris' site this evening to have
another look at > that great Crab image, I get the following warning in my
browser > (Firefox 3.0.5).> Anyone else seen this?> > Peter> >
=============================> Reported Attack Site!> This web site at
www.schursastrophotography.com has been reported as an > attack site and has
been blocked based on your security preferences.> Attack sites try to install
programs that steal private information, use > your computer to attack others,
or damage your system.> Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful
software, but many > are compromised without the knowledge or permission of
their owners.> > > Safe Browsing> > > /Diagnostic page for/
www.schursastrophotography.com> > *What is the current listing status for
www.schursastrophotography.com?*> > Site is listed as suspicious - visiting
this web site may harm your> computer.> > Part of this site was listed for
suspicious activity 1 time(s) over> the past 90 days.> > *What happened when
Google visited this site?*> > Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the
past 90 days, 2> page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and>
installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this> site was on
2009-01-21, and the last time suspicious content was> found on this site was on
2009-01-21.> > Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including>
fastantivirusproscanner.com/>
<http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&siteústantivirusproscanner.com/>.>
 > 2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for> distributing
malware to visitors of this site, including 89.28.13.0/>
<http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site?.28.13.0/>,>
 latenightclick.cn/>
<http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=latenightclick.cn/>.>
<http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=AS:32392>.>
 > *Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further > distribution
of malware?*> > Over the past 90 days, www.schursastrophotography.com did not
appear> to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.> > *Has
this site hosted malware?*> > No, this site has not hosted malicious software
over the past 90 days.> > *How did this happen?*> > In some cases, third
parties can add malicious code to legitimate> sites, which would cause us to
show the warning message.> > > > > --> See message header for info on list
archives or unsubscribing, and please > send personal replies to the author,
not the list.>