[AZ-Observing] Re: Saturn's Rings - A Serious Observation

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 07:26:01 -0700

Saturday night at the All AZ, was another
> example of an irregular, diffuse gray structure on the eastern side.
> Could this be an optical illusion?  Or is this legitimate

Frank et al,

Lat month at Sentinel, I noted a rusty-grey coloration on the East and West
parts of the rings nearest the limbs of the ball.  I noted a this to a
lesser extent this past weekend, but I didn't study it too hard.

Thad

Thad Robosson
starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx
SAC Member, ATM subgroup Chairman,
Double star enthusiast
Owner/Operator of the future "Twin Points Observatory"
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
112 08.03W, 33 32.67N

The use of your "delete" key is authorized.