[AZ-Observing] Re: Saturn's Equatorial Band

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 23:45:27 -0700

I don't remember seeing it in any space photos, Hubble, Cassini. I don't even
remember seeing it in any photos. Illusion then if not transient. It seemed
very real the time I saw it.

Jack

I thought this faint band commonly occurred on Saturn.  I recall noting it
many times, but never paid much attention if it was transient.  Most of the
time, I would assume seeing plays a big factor on this feature's appearance.

-FRANK