[AZ-Observing] Re: Saturn last night

  • From: "tpolakis@xxxxxxx" <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:43:39 -0400

Don Hinchliffe wrote:

=2E=2E=2EJust a guess but I would rate the seeing at 9 or better=2E=2E=2E

Don,

The seeing was very good last night, but don't max out your rating system,=

as it occasionally gets even better!  I was able to comfortably use my
3-6mm eyepiece at 4mm (350x), but not at 3mm (470x) on Saturn last night=2E=
=20
Again, the seeing predictions shown on the Clear Sky Chart for Phoenx were=

on target, showing it as 4 out of 5, and degrading after midnight=2E

Planetary imaging is completely at the mercy of seeing=2E  Here is my imag=
of Saturn from last night at about 10 p=2Em=2E

http://members=2Ecox=2Enet/tpolakis/astro/saturn=5F20080325=2Ejpg

Tom