[AZ-Observing] Saturn during daytime

  • From: Mark Wainright <mwainright@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 17:41:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

  I just got through looking at Saturn during daytime.  It was only about 45
arcmin from the Moon so it wasn't too hard to find.  I first found it about 20
minutes before sunset.  It was barely brighter than the sky, so all detail was
washed out.  It just looked like a ring and a ball, but it was a fun find.  As
sunset approached the contrast was better, and the view with Saturn and the
edge of the Moon in the same field was nice.  Chris and Capella were the
inspiration for this attempt.

  Clear skies,
  Mark