[AZ-Observing] Saturn and M1

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amastro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 23:56:11 -0700

Hello folks;

I set up my 10 inch f/5 Newtonian tonight for a wedding party in the Desert
Botanical Gardens of Phoenix, Arizona.  I used a 9.5mm Lanthanum eyepiece.
There were clouds that came and went across the field while Saturn passed in
front of the Crab Nebula.  I never saw any hint of the Crab Nebula with this
instrument.  Saturn is just overwhelmingly bright compared to a deep sky
object.

Steve Coe

stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx
Author:  Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist