[AZ-Observing] Saturn Occultation...

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:33:05 -0700

Hey All,
Just came in from the driveway.  I certainly hope that others out there may get
better circumstances than myself.  The seeing in Avondale is pretty cruddy, at
least looking at stuff only about 15° up and overlooking about 4~5 houses.  The
Cassini division wasn't prominent at all, and the star to be occulted sure
looks mighty faint comparatively. (duh!)  If it wasn't for me being on the tail
end of being as sick as a dog, I'd get to an open field to find better seeing.
As it is, I'll get some good rest now and ponder going out tomorrow night.

Good luck to all who try tonite....

Thad