[AZ-Observing] Re: Saturn Image

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:38:58 -0500

Tony,

I am very interested in imaging Titan's shadow transits.  I put together a
similar table as yours a few months back, and the times match up for the most
part.  I used the excellent WinJupos freeware for calculating the times.  What
was the software or Web site that you used?  Here's my summary on Cloudynights.

http://tinyurl.com/5qh39b

By the way, the seeing forecast for this morning on the Clear Sky Clock site
showed "5 out of 5", but it was between 3 and 4 in my back yard.  The CSC
forecasts are able to predict poor seeing (when you're below a turbulent upper
atmosphere), but can't capture local effects.  I have seen 5/5 seeing in my
back yard at times, by the way.

Tom