[AZ-Observing] Re: Saturn

  • From: PHXJeff@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:13:42 EST

Just finished watching the occultation from my backyard in west Phoenix
using a C-8 and 26 mm Plossl. I tried higher power, but the image became
much worse. I also tried a variety of filters. the only one that seemed
to not hurt was a red #25. The image of Saturn varied from near washout
to very sharp for moments. The total time for the occultation appeared to
be about 2 minutes (not timed precisely).

Love these events. It reminds me of the Mercury transition a few years
ago. Most people have no idea these things are happening and can be seen
with modest equipment in a backyard.

Jeff

                          Jeff Hopkins
                            HPO SOFT
    Phoenix, Arizona                      Atlanta, Georgia
  7812 West Clayton Drive               12170 Boxwood Circle
Phoenix, AZ 85033-2439 U.S.A.        Alpharetta, GA 30005 U.S.A.
   (623) 849-5889 (Fax)               (770) 619-3322 (Phone/Fax)

www.hposoft.com & amug.org/~hposoft    dataman.home.mindspring.com
                        4th Dimension Partner
                        FileMaker Pro Expert

   BASIC/C++ Programmer & Web Site/e-commerce Site Development
Over 25 years of Computer, Programming and Database Development Experience

---
with the subject: unsubscribe.

messages.  Thanks.