[AZ-Observing] Saturday night observing at Cherry Road

  • From: "Workman, Brian (AZ76)" <brian.workman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:22:33 -0700

I actually made it out to Cherry road Saturday night. Due to circumstances
beyond my control, it was the first observing I've done beyond my back yard
since late October. Although we only got about 3 hours of good observing in
before the clouds rolled over, it was _good_ observing! I enjoyed being with
everyone again as much as I did the bright milky way and the observations of
pretty things in Hercules.

By the way, the amazingly bright object seen coursing over our heads just
after sunset was indeed the International Space Station:

Magnitude -0.8
Visible from the SW to the NE
8:30 to 8:40PM

http://www.heavens-above.com/passsummary.asp?lat=33.4533&lng=-112.0744&alt=0
&loc=Phoenix&TZ=Arizona&satid=25544&Date=38170.7916666667&Mag=

http://www.heavens-above.com/PassDetails.asp?SatID=25544&lat=33.4533&lng=-11
2.0744&alt=0&loc=Phoenix&TZ=Arizona&Date=38179.1505475396

Brian Workman