[AZ-Observing] Satellite Identification

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:22:49 -0700

Can anyone answer this question so I can relay it to the person who asked me? I
assume I could set up the 16 incher to track it. Has anyone done this?
Thanks.
Stan

Stan,
What do you know about satellites?  What is the very bright satellite that
comes up each evening in the east (about 7:30 p.m. 8;00 p.m.) and then moves
slowly (and brightly) to the west?  What does it look like when viewed
through your telescope in Dewey?     I am curious about this object, which
must be seen by multi- millions, because of its brightness and movement.