[AZ-Observing] Re: Sat Night

  • From: <kevin.kozel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 22:45:43 -0400

This message is a test for me to check if I'm doing this right.
I'm asking if anyone is going out Sunday night just to stay up late and watch
the Perseid Shower.  I was gonna go out west of Lake Pleasant, it's dark enough
to see the Milky Way and will show the shower well also.
Thanks,
Kevin Kozel
---- KenGSikes <kengsikes@xxxxxxx> wrote:

It seems to be a trade off, according to weather reports. Cherry Road for the
elevation and some cooler temps or Antennas  for clearer skies, but some higher
temps.
I know some are at Cherry road, and some considered Antennas for Sat night, but
what is the final outcome ?

The driveling time is about the same for me (101 and Chandler Blvd), I need
good skies to do some Photoelectric Photometry with my SSP-3a photometer, and
Antennas seems to win out, anyone else thinking Antennas ?

Ken Sikes