[AZ-Observing] SaguaroAstronomyFridayFeb.14th7:30pm

  • From: "Jennifer Polakis" <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 21:01:50 -0700

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MEETING IS AT OUR REGULAR PLACE AT GCU!
February 14th speaker is Bob Denny

speaking on:  The Elements of Remote Imaging Success

This talk will cover the area of remote astronomical imaging at a high level,
starting with what people usually visualize and progressing through the
realities that will be encountered on the way to a real remote observatory.
Observatory automation is a key component (necessary but not sufficient) for
remote astronomy, so Bob will talk a bit about automation as well. This will be
an engineering talk, covering equipment, buildings, infrastructure, and
software.

For more information on Bob’s remote imaging:  http://dc3.com/
For more information on Bob:  http://solo.dc3.com/

Everyone is welcome to attend.  We meet at Grand Canyon University 3300 W.
Camelback, Phoenix:

I17 to Camelback. West on Camelback to 33rd Avenue (this is a small traffic
lighted intersection just east of the big one on 35th Ave. and Camelback) Right
onto 33rd Ave. which is also an entrance to the university.  Continue to the
guard gate, tell the guards you're there for the astronomy club meeting, turn
left and park.  Walk back toward the guard gate and turn left onto the lighted
pathway; we meet in the last building on the right, the Fleming building.
Enter and follow your ears to our meeting.

Kind regards,

Jennifer Polakis, VP M24@xxxxxxx 480 967-1658

Saguaro Astronomy Club www.saguaroastro.org