[AZ-Observing] SaguaroAstronomyClubMeetingThisFri.,Sept.20th...

  • From: "Jennifer Polakis" <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 11:10:50 -0700

7:30 p.m.  All are welcome to attend.  We meet at Grand Canyon University near
35th Ave. & Camelback, Phoenix:
Dr. Deidre Hunter, Astronomer at Lowell Observatory speaking on

LITTLE THINGS (Local Irregulars That Trace Luminosity Extremes, The HiNearby
Galaxy Survey), which is aimed at determining what drives star formation in
dwarf galaxies.

Please visit her site at Lowell:

http://www2.lowell.edu/users/dah/

Directions to our meeting room at Grand Canyon University:

I17 to Camelback. West on Camelback to 33rd Avenue (this is a small traffic
lighted intersection just east of the big one on 35th Ave. and Camelback) Right
onto 33rd Ave. which is also an entrance to the university.  Continue to the
guard gate, tell the guards you're there for the astronomy club meeting, turn
left and park.  Walk back toward the guard gate and turn left onto the lighted
pathway; we meet in the last building on the right, the Fleming building.
Enter and follow your ears to our meeting.

Hoping to see you there.

Any questions?  Please contact me directly.

Jennifer Polakis, VP

M24@xxxxxxx 48o 9b7=lb58

www.saguaroastro.org