[AZ-Observing] Re: Saguaro Astronomy Club this Friday Aug16

  • From: "Lucia Wheele" <nyclady@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 14:06:35 -0700

please remove me from your email list

nyclady@xxxxxxx

Lucia Wheele
-----Original Message-----
From: Jennifer Polakis
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 2:34 AM
To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Saguaro Astronomy Club this Friday Aug16

7:30 pm.
The speaker is Gil Esquerdo, Astronomer on the Fred Lawrence Whipple
Observatory, Mt. Hopkins in S. Arizona.  Gil also can be seen hanging out at
Starizona in Tucson.

He’s a professional and an amateur astronomer.  This promises to be a
great talk.

His topics include being an astronomer at the helm of a telescope and his
involvement in the Kepler project -- photometry to build the input catalog
the project uses to the spectroscopic follow up.

Everybody is welcome.  You don’t have to be a SAC member to attend a
meeting.

We meet at Grand Canyon University 35th Ave & Camelback in Phoenix.

I17 to Camelback. West on Camelback to 33rd Avenue (this is a small traffic
lighted intersection just east of the big one on 35th Ave. and Camelback)
Right onto 33rd Ave. which is also an entrance to the university.  Continue
to the guard gate, tell the guards you're there for the astronomy club
meeting, turn left and park.  Walk back toward the guard gate and turn left
onto the lighted pathway; we meet in the last building on the right, the
Fleming building.  Enter and follow your ears to our meeting.

Contact me directly if you have questions M24@xxxxxxx

Hope to see you there.

Jennifer Polakis, VP

Saguaro Astronomy Club www.saguaroastro.org