[AZ-Observing] Saguaro Astronomy Club Meeting, Friday, Feb. 6

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 20:43:43 -0500

Our speaker at the SAC meeting this coming Friday will be writer and
astrophographer Alan Dyer.  Alan will take us on a tour of the wonders of the
southern hemisphere sky, using images and time-lapse movies he has taken on
annual trips to Australia and Chile. If you haven't seen the southern Milky
Way, you haven't seen the Milky Way! This is an astrophoto extravaganza great
for the whole family and for non-astronomy spouses, and ends with a musical
tribute to the Milky Way.

Alan Dyer is one of Canada’s best-known astronomy writers and
astrophotographers. He currently serves as associate editor of SkyNews
magazine, Canada’s magazine of stargazing, and as a contributing editor to Sky
and Telescope.  He has co-authored several best selling guidebooks for amateur
astronomers, including The Backyard Astronomer’s Guide,  Alan has recently
retired from a day job as a programmer and producer for the Digistar digital
planetarium system at the TELUS Spark science centre in Calgary.

SAC meetings are held in the Fleming Building at Grand Canyon University.  Room
and parking details may be found at this site.

http://saguaroastro.org/content/meeting_info.htm

After the meeting we go to JB's Restaurant on the southwest corner of Northern
and 35th Ave.

We look forward to seeing you at the meeting.

Tom Polakis
SAC VP