[AZ-Observing] Re: [SW-Astrophysics] 2012 ASP award to Jeff Hopkins

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: SW-Astrophysics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 09:01:35 GMT

Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244 This announcement shouldn't be kept limited to distribution
only on the SW-Astrophysics list! This is great news and a big congratulations
to Jeff for his continued pushing of technology and astrophysical techniques so
that amateur astronomers can make meaningful contributions to astronomy in
concert with professional astronomers. I've always admired his work since my
association with the IAPPP (now SAS, sort of...) organization where he did work
on precision photometry, and his two campaigns to measure the eclipses of the
star epsilon Aurigae (spanning several decades!), among many other projects -
now spectroscopy. Since the ASP meeting is in Tucson I sure hope I can make
some part of it, depending on my work situation.
Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)