[AZ-Observing] Re: SQM Readings

  • From: Dan Heim <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 15:10:54 -0700

Ken,

Are you aware of PAS President Rod Sutter's sky quality site? Might be
some of what you're looking for there. See:
http://skyqualityofarizona.blogspot.com/

FYI, DFAC did an observing event for a convention last night. Skies were
clear. No Moon. We were at Baseline & 27th Ave, and for us (a north
Valley club) it was weird to have the Phoenix light dome north of us.
Had a great view of Sagittarius, but the Little Dipper (which was on the
meridian), was totally invisible. Took a reading with my SQM-L and got 18.4.

Dan Heim