[AZ-Observing] Rosette and Monkey Head Nebulae

  • From: pulind@xxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 19:04:34 -0500 (EST)

All,
Bernard Miller's 18 hour narrowband image of the Rosette Nebula inspired me to
shoot the nebula with my little-old QHY8 one-shot color camera.  Exposure was
5x5 minutes at the Antennas site on Wednesday, Jan 18th.  In processing I had a
lot of trouble with the color balance.  On the 17th  I imaged NGC 2174 - the
Monkey Head Nebula.  Steve Coe insists there is absolutely NO monkey head in
the nebula.  I disagree.

The two images are at:    http://www.pbase.com/paullind/2012

Paul Lind