[AZ-Observing] Re: Roger Angel to Speak?

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 00:19:21 -0700

Yes!  Following is a clip from our newsletter...

Steward Observatory Public Evening Lecture

Since 1924 Steward Observatory has been hosting public evening lectures
in astronomy. The last lecture of this semester will be held on Monday,
Dec 3rd 7:30pm. Dr. Roger Angel will present "In Search of Other Earths:
The Next Generation of Ground and Space Telescopes". This will be held
in the new Integrated Learning Center, Room ILC 120. Following this
talk, the 21-inch telescope will be available for viewing the night sky
(weather permitting). The lecture and the use of the telescope are free
of charge and open to the general public.

Andrew

--

Andrew Cooper
Tucson, AZ