[AZ-Observing] Re: Roadless Act Input Sought by State

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:49:52 -0700

Andrew,

I have a lot of dealings with the Forest Service, most have not been
good. When asked why they closed a road their reply was "Because we
can." There have been a lot of people upset by Forest Service
actions. That is one of the main reasons for the meeting tonight. If
you do not get involved, then the next time you head to your favorite
dark sky site and find the road blocked, you will probably not be
happy.

Jeff

--
Jeff Hopkins