[AZ-Observing] Re: Rigorous Precession

  • From: "Ken Sikes" <kengsikes@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 10:28:59 -0700

Stan, I am quite familar with what you are talking about in rigourus
precession methods. Back in the 1970's I wrote a reduction for Richard Lines
to reduce his photoelectric readings. To precess to epoc of date I needed to
precess from Jan 0 1900 to current date using Simon Newcombs constants. Bill
Andersen and I went to Lowell and got Art Hoag's permission to us e the
library to research Newcomb's constants even farther.

I also have an excellant book "Astronomical Algorithms" by Jean Meeus
published by Willmann-Bell that has the constants for both the last and
current centries.

Ken Sikes