[AZ-Observing] Re: Refractor Auxiliary Scope questions......

  • From: chaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 18:34:27 -0500

I don't think you could go wrong with either, but if I had to pick one or the
other it'd be the Skywatcher due to the FPL-53 glass. Better color correction
according to the guys at Cloudy Nights. Peter's suggestion of his Celestron is
good as well, I think it's lighter than the two you listed and uses FPL-53.
Only draw back is a rack & pinion focuser if I remember right. Those dual speed
Crayfords seem to make lots of people happy when astro-photoing (new word I just
made up). I have a Vxen ed80sf with a single speed Crayford which is real nice,
but it's in a 100mm tube which might make it bulky and hard to balance when
mounting on your SCT.
Just some thoughts,
Chuck Shields