[AZ-Observing] Re: Recent information on laser pointers

  • From: "Peter Argenziano" <pargenz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 10:34:05 -0700

As a member of more than one club I'd be concerned about a club's legal
culpability if it took on such an active role in any registration process
(registration paperwork and training responsibilities). I'd prefer that the
use of laser pointers be kept as an individual matter and not officially
sanctioned by the club. In looking for precedent, I have not seen an astro
club willing to step up to this level of responsibility for the use of
laser pointers by its members. The most I have seen is that a club may
publish guidelines regarding the usage of laser pointers at an event the
club is sponsoring. Just my two cents.

Peter