[AZ-Observing] Recent Photos

  • From: "Jon Christensen" <jonc97@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "EVAC -- The List" <evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:54:38 -0700

Here are some pictures I've taken recently:
Here is a 15 minute b&w test photo of the Horsehead I took early in the morning
on November 6th:

http://members.cox.net/jonc99/15minHorsehead.jpg

The two beams of light at the top of the picture were caused by reflections in
the optics from (I believe) nearby Sigma Orionis.

The Moon:

http://members.cox.net/jonc97/images/astro/moon/2005_09_10.htm

NGC 891, which was my project during the last Vekol road star party:

http://members.cox.net/jonc97/images/astro/galaxies/ngc891.htm

I've refined the processing on the photos I took during the friends of the sky
star party:

IC 1795:

http://members.cox.net/jonc97/images/astro/nebula/ic1795.htm

M74: