[AZ-Observing] Raining now after great times at Fred's Meadow

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: SMTP <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 15:31:05 -0700

Howdy all;

I am in the RV park near Happy Jack and my timing was perfect.  I got up
this morning all alone at Fred's meadow and there were some dark clouds
around.  I decided with the Moon thickening up I would tear down the
scope and be happy with the great times I had.

I want to thank the nice folks who showed up to view and image the sky.
I would say that we had a dozen or more over the 10 days I was there.
We consistently had good nights, fine seeing and several nights of
excellent transparency.

Some of my images turned out great, some not so much.  I am going to
have to figure out an inexpensive way to guide the ED 80 with the Canon
T2i camera on it.  Paul Lind was nice enough to help me set up an
aluminum plate on the back on the scope and I do have a crosshair
eyepiece so I can guide the shots myself.  If someone has a small
refractor for a modest fee, contact me off list.

Right now the rain is starting to storm and I have heard some distant
thunder, so I will turn off the computer.

Take Care;
Steve Coe