[AZ-Observing] Re: Quotes from public viewing sessions

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 15:45:18 -0700

My 1.09571 Bhutanese Ngultrum worth: First the most common thing I hear is when
I have Saturn in the eyepiece "OOH, It's painted on!", haven't gotten the F8n
kewl remark like Beevo, but Saturn never disappoints.

The other thing I like to do when I get a group around, is to tell them there
are "x" number of planets are visible to the naked eye that night and to name
them. Inevitably, the adults go through the ones they've seen and then start
naming Uranus, Neptune & Pluto. Then some kid comes along and says "EARTH!".
That's right, you're standing on it!. Almost always a kid. The adults them Face
palm. That's one of the reasons I enjoy the public events.

Rick Tejera (K7TEJ)
Sagauro Astronomy Club
www.saguaroastro.org
Thunderbird Amatuer Radio Club