[AZ-Observing] Re: Quotes from public viewing sessions

  • From: <beevo1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 14:51:07 -0400

At a star party I did for the kids at Erie Elementary about 8 years ago.  We
were observing Saturn and the night was perfect, the Cassini division was
prominent and the grouping of the moons was something that made the veiw
special as well.  One of the most memorable views of this object I can remember.

4th grader steps up on the stool and glues his eye to the telescope....

"F***ing Kewl"!!

His mom standing behind him cuffs him sharply on the back of the head and
apologises for the outburst.  (BTW, I did not report her to CPS for child abuse)

She steps up to the eyepiece and a few seconds later comments    "You're right"!

ROFLMAO

Beevo
K7BVO

---- stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Howdy all;

I saw the post about the public viewing session coming up and thought
it could be fun coming up with some of our favorite quote from people
looking through our scopes.

I remember showing a gentleman the Moon in my Nexstar 11.  He spent
some time at the eyepiece and then turned to me in ernest and said "it
is in great need of repair".

Clear skies;
Steve Coe