[AZ-Observing] Re: Question about Digital Camera Adapter for Eyepiece Photography

  • From: spooner@xxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Spooner)
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 15:27:52 -0700

Yesterday I loaded a digital photo of the crater Copernicus to my website. I
used a 20" Dob with rather mediocre optics. The mirror has substantial
astigmatism that limits it to low power use.
http://www.pageaz.net/~spooner/video_page.htm

Click on the Copernicus link at the bottom of the page. The file is approx
110K in size. There are video files of the planets with a better mirror. I
have had better results with video due to the eye's intergration of a large
number of frames and it's smoothing effect of the seeing. Neither method
does more than closely approach what is viusally seen but are satisfying in
the ease of execution. I never had even marginally comparable success with
film.
--Mike Spooner