[AZ-Observing] Re: Public Star Party - Cosmic Thing 5/9

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 22:31:08 -0700

Mike and Marshall, thanks to both for the additional information.  Expecting
telescope setup to begin at 4pm is quite early.  Do they realize sunset isn't
until 7:18pm.  The only heavenly bodies visible in most telescopes, from 4
until just before sunset, would be the moon and sun.

BTW, I thought someone would surely catch another of my faux pauxs.  It is not
moon rise at 2:19am; it is moon set!!!  If it were moon rise we'd be out
elsewhere observing.