[AZ-Observing] Re: Prescott weather resources

  • From: "Gene A. Lucas" <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 20:51:58 -0700

You can check the (local) weather readings and radar at the Love Field
airport in Prescott Valley on this URL:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=34.53936876533996&lon=-112.2857666015625&site=fgz&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text
(Yes, that location is on the west side of the mountains from the Cherry
Rd. site...)

Also, there are several webcams at the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical U. campus.
http://prescott.erau.edu/about/web-cams/index.html
(Although these are active at night, the sky views will be best during
the daytime....)

FYI,  they have an observatory with several telescopes, too.
http://prescott.erau.edu/about/observatory/observatory.html
http://mercury.pr.erau.edu/~prcphysics/observatory/optical-instruments.php

Gene Lucas