[AZ-Observing] Preliminary 2013 All Arizona Messier Marathon Results

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 19:39:35 -0700

All,

First my apologies for the late report, but unfortunately, my Mother passed
away a few days after the marathon, and I needed to handle family matters.
My thanks to those of you had heard and offered your condolences. My thanks
for your patience.

Well, Finally got Around to processing the results for validation. Please do
not publish these results as they are not verified, except to pass on to
those who may not be on these lists. Please check your results and advise of
any mistakes misspellings or other errata. If you see a Question mark (?) on
your data, it means I wasn’t sure or it was missing, please confirm with me
off list.

Please have any corrections, or confirmation of missing data to me by next
Monday 8 April 2013.

As it stands now, there were 18 visual observers who qualify for a Plaque
and both Imagers as well.

David Douglass, if you could see this published to the EVAC mailing list.

George Robinson, Please pass  on to Gerry for his verification.

Also if anyone know how to get a hold of Douglas Wiese, from Lake Havasu
City, please let me know or forward to him for validation.

Please note the results are split between visual observers on top and
Imagers at the bottom.

If you’re wondering about the 109 ½ count, for the second time in AAMM
history we had an observer claim 110 and then upon reflection decide the
110th object (M30 in this case) was really averted imagination and changes
his count to 109. I reward such honesty with credit for ½ object J, And
share credit with those who got 109.

2013 All Arizona Messier Marathon

Observer

Club

Hometown

Optics

Observed

Notes

Dr. Salvadore Aguirre

Astronomical League

Hermosillo, Mexico

6" SCT

109 1/2

Missed M30

Claude Haynes

EVAC

Gilbert

10" SCT

109

Missed M30

Jimmy Ray

SAC

Glendale

11" SCT

109

Missed M30

George Robinson

Astronomical League

Auburn, CA

14 F/4.6 Dob

109

Missed M30, From memory

Don Pfirrmann

SAC/EVAC

Sun City West

15" f/4.5 Dob

109

Missed M30

Jack Jones

SAC

Phoenix

20" f/5 Dob

109

Missed M30

Joan McGue

SAC

Phoenix

8" f/6 Dob

109

Missed M30

David Trogan

EVAC

Mesa

8" SCT

109

Missed M30

Paul Lind

SAC

Phoenix

?

108

Missed M74 & M30

Ken Sikes

EVAC

Chandler

10" SCT

108

Missed M74 & M30

Rick Tejera

SAC

Glendale

8" f/6 Dob

108

Missed M74 & M30

Mike & Debby Luciano

EVAC

Gilbert

8" SCT

108

Missed M74 & M30

Paul Dickson

SAC

Phoenix

Televue Pronto

108

Missed M74 & M30

Gerald Dubesa

None

Roseville, CA

?

107

Missed M72, M73, M30

Ray Vorbeck

SAC

Glendale

?

107

Missed M74, M77, M30

Rick Rotramel

SAC

Phoenix

10" f/5.8

107

Missed M72, M73, M30

Edward Thomas

EVAC

Phoenix

11" SCT

107

Missed M74, M77, M30

Shane Eigell

EVAC

Gilbert

8" Newt

107

Missed M74, M77, M30

Paul Bennett

?

Phoenix

Astro Starfire

106

Missed M74, M77, M33, M30

Roger Waters

EVAC

Mesa

18" Dob

99

Veda Thomas

EVAC

Phoenix

11" SCT

95

Douglas Wiese

High Desert Astronomy Club

Lake Havasu City

11x80 Binos

94

Jeff Trogan

EVAC

Mesa

8" SCT

68

Toni Wiles

SAC

Goodyear

15" f/4.5

66

Keith & Erik Favreau

SAC

Goodyear

? SCT

64

Todd Craig

None

Tempe

10 Dob

61

Bob Pejovic

None

Chicago, IL

6" f/6 Dob

27

Brain & Brenna Helman

SAC

Peoria

16" Dob

26

Stephan Cole

EVAC

Chandler

114mm

22

John Burluras?

None

Fountain Hills

6" f/6 Dob

20

Micheal Collins

SAC

Chandler

6mm f/1.0

5

Naked Eye

Imagers

Chris Johnson

SAC

Goodyear

Takahashi TOA-150 - ST-4000XCM - Paramount MX - ACP & ACP Scheduler - 180
second exposure

105

M13, M30, M73, M101, M102 (NGC5866)

Howard Anderson

EVAC

Tempe

10" LX200, ST4000

103

M6, M7, M103, M55, M103, M72, M73, M30

Again, I want to thank all who participated in the 2013 All Arizona Messier
Marathon and made it a huge success.

Rick Tejera (K7TEJ)

Sagauro Astronomy Club

www.saguaroastro.org