[AZ-Observing] Re: Possible streaming video of LCROSS impact on Dish Network

  • From: Jack Jones <telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 16:10:09 -0700

Marge Williams does but she lives in Oak Creek Canyon up by Sedona.

As far as details, so far I have it occurring at 11:31:30 UT (04:31:30 MST)
on Fri, Oct 9, impacting at the south pole below Tycho, into the crater
Cabeus (at the Moon's bottom edge below and a little to the right of
Clavius). It is on chart 73 and libration zone map VI of Rukl's 'Atlas of
the Moon'. It may be easier to identify the crater Moretus and watch below
that. Minimum telescope size needed has been estimated from 9 to 12 inches.

http://lcross.arc.nasa.gov/observation.htm

Jack