[AZ-Observing] Re: Polaris Transit

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 13:56:14 -0700

Just to follow up on this, I just finished the computations I mentioned
below. It is always a tedious process and plenty of room for error (at
least for me) to make sure one has the right RA of Polaris and the right
apparent RA of the Sun, taking into account the difference between mean
solar time and sidereal time, and ones location. I come up with a value
of 16h 27.9m.  I know my calculations are not that accurate, but it
appears the sky programs who have 16h 27m as the transit time for
Polaris are correct.
Stan