[AZ-Observing] Re: Planets photo on NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day

  • From: jack.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:56:10 -0700

That concrete plant to the east is the big glare bomb and is what the
picture reminded me of. What was with the bottle rockets anyway? Some kind
of dumbass salute from that drunk? Fires are raging in Colorado, NM and now
in drought-stricken AZ, and guys like that are roaming around. It's going to
be a long hot summer.

Jack

>    I'm surprised APOD didn't take the picture Joe took on Sat.
>  night with a foreground cactus while we were all setting up
>  for our evening. The only light source Saturday was Mr, Redneck
>  and his pickemup truck who puposely scanned the observing area
>  with his headlights and having not gotten enough of a selfishness
>  rush, fired a handful of bottle rockets into the observing field.
>  He's lucky we are very understanding and friendly types- within
>  limits.
>
>  RC

messages.  Thanks.