[AZ-Observing] Re: Pierre

  • From: "Paul Lind" <pulind@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 20:18:44 -0700

Thanks Jennifer,

Your email brought back a haunting memory from a month before Pierre's
passing.  On February 6, 2000  Pierre came by my house to use my Foucault
tester to double-check his measurements on two 12 inch mirrors .  That
evening we then went observing at  his site near Flatiron where he
complained about being very cold and not feeling well.  A few days later I
learned that Pierre had collapsed at his house.

Requiescat In Pace (Rest In Peace).
Paul