[AZ-Observing] Re: Photos of Observing Trip to Mount Bigelow 61" Telescope

  • From: <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 22:49:28 -0500

Thanks.
For the most part I surfed Tom's Celestial Portraits for the small bright
trinkets staying south of +60 due to the scope's limitation as seen in this
photo http://www.pbase.com/polakis/image/72073162   Mostly there were a lot of
planetaries.  As you can well imagine, the detail knocked my socks off! All of
my many pairs, seriously.  I don't have the list here with me in non-snowy
Michigan but a couple of them come to mind immediately, like the Little Dumbell
M76 which was a huge take-the-field bowtie,  the Eskimo N2392 who happened to
be wearing an intricately embroidered parka, and Einstein's Cross which with
some concentration 4 lobes definitely came into view.  I so wanted to observe
the Moon--just for historical reasons but it was too new.
Jenn Polakis