[AZ-Observing] Photometry Coefficients

  • From: "Gary Frey" <gfreynpo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 15:40:59 -0700

In the long ago past we who used 1P21 tubes or SSP-3 with a Photodiode used
standard stars (Landolt) and took data from an airmass of 1 to an air mass past
2 and later calculated our transformation and extinction coefficients for the
BVRI filters we were using......

The question is.............

Any one know why the same process using standards stars (landolt) with a CCD
camera (must use flat field and dark frame calibrations) cannot be used to
determine transformation and extinction coefficients for selected BVRI filters?

Gary Frey