[AZ-Observing] Re: Photometric Night Definition

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:43:50 -0700

While I have no doubt there is at least one official criteria for a
photometric night, to me it means being able to obtain good
photometry.

Take last night, it was nearly completely overcast at sunset. Shortly
thereafter there were breaks in the clouds. I doubt few would say it
was a photometric night, but indeed it was (between the clouds).

Many nights I do BTCP (between the clouds photometry) and get
excellent results. Last night of 3 sets of readings the V has a data
spread standard deviation of 0.0026, B 0.0031 and U of 0.0055
magnitudes. Last night was certainly a photometric night between the
clouds (PNBTC).

Jeff

--
Jeff Hopkins