[AZ-Observing] Re: Photographing the Eclipse

  • From: Tim Jones <tjmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 10:08:03 -0700

Hi Jim,

Speaking from experience rather than theory, we've been using "mildly wrinkled"
Baader film on our scopes for quite a while and have seen no unwanted effects -
visually or photographically.  In fact, Bob just made me a new "cover" filter
for my 90MM using the Baader film and a properly sized plastic screw on lid
that has a few "waves" in the film and it's utterly transparent for solar work.

I wouldn't suggest that you let it look like a class 4 gale sea, but a few
minor rolls shouldn't be a problem.

HTH,
Tim