[AZ-Observing] Re: Photo from last week's Vekol Star Party

  • From: Brian Skiff <Brian.Skiff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rmscott@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:33:27 -0700 (MST)

     I wrote:
>>  At present north is to the right and
>>  east is down (i.e. reverted "inside-out").

     Rick Scott has kindly pointed out that my sky-memory was in error.
Jon's image is rotated but not reverted:  north is _left_ and east down,
so it is only rotated 90 deg from sky-right.

     Some discussion about the star and nebula colors can be found
together with a smaller-scale by the Hallas':

http://www.ngcic.org/milkyway/default.htm

\Brian